Choosing your wedding dress…
On this solemn day which is the day of the wedding, the eyes of all guests are especially focused on the bride. Almost everyone carries an image of that day in their imagination and wants to look like a dream. Wedding Dress, along with additions, at the same time it is to meet the expectations of future parents-in-law, to dazzle the groom, delight guests.
One of the most important issues, next to determining the style of the dress, is to choose the right colors for the Bride and Groom. This applies not only to the outfits of the bride and groom, accessories for an outfit, but also other elements, like the decor of the hall, wedding bouquet etc..
Despite all sorts of ideas, to bring fashion to life, also for wedding dresses, brides' creations are, above all, a tribute to tradition. The wedding fashion is governed by timeless trends.
The more ambitious ones try to find a compromise between the girls' dreams, mothers and mother-in-law, and fashion trends. And these are usually the result of family dreams, not fashion makers.
We see new fabrics more often in revues than during authentic ceremonies.
During the revue, the audience, Although, can applaud a bold cleavage, unusual, provocative color or a surprising form of pinning up the veil, but when making purchases, brides most often choose creations with the timeless X line, so with a small top and a huge bottom.
The rightness of this choice is confirmed by the course and scenery of a specific spectacle, what almost every wedding is like these days.
Patterns of dresses:
The bride is usually viewed primarily from the back, no wonder then, that there is the most going on in the backs of skirts. Foamy draperies appear here, cascade wall, bows, pleating, treny, sewing embroidery, koronkami i gipiurami.
Inspiration when creating style dresses “great gala” they often depend on the currently fashionable series and movies, those with a happy ending. The constantly present sources of inspiration are: years of the Civil War, Hollywood's heyday, costumes of opera characters.
This is also the case “catwalks”, and in specialized stores, usually offering all the necessary equipment for the bride.
The fabrics are also traditional in appearance, although modern in finish, making, even the style wedding dress “great gala” it is several times lighter than half a century ago.
They still dominate among fabrics “heavy” rypsy, jacquards, satin, flowing knitted fabrics, intricate guipure and lace and all possible transparency: chiffons, organza, Tiul, mesh.
A novelty for the Polish wedding tradition are dresses with necklines and the abandonment of veils in favor of decorative hats, capes and etol.
Dresses in pastel colors are becoming more and more fashionable, from pearl gray to peach pink.
Most of this year's catwalks are dominated by the 1960s and the hippie style. In addition to white bells and ethnic elements, mostly Indian, designers of wedding creations draw attention… po jeans! Navy blue is proposed, denim skirts, to white, lace top or classic gowns with frayed, denim inserts.
The colors of the sea – the very intense colors of the Caribbean coasts and cold sea depths reign for the second season. After turquoise and smudge, it was ultramarine and sapphire. Bride in ink color… it's impressive!
And a curiosity – exposed belly. The bride reveals the navel and slim waist. You can only envy such a flat and beautifully tanned belly. In the belly set, designers propose, for example,. white, shiny set: hipsters and a bolero.
The choice of dress must be very careful. It is necessary to decide in advance whether the dress will be bought, borrowed or maybe sewn.
If you want to buy a dress, you have to start visiting the appropriate stores 4-5 months before the wedding. This caution is warranted: the shop may not have the correct size dress, then the correct number is ordered from the manufacturer and you have to wait even 3-4 I that. You need to buy additional accessories for the new dress, and so: pantofelki, gloves, headdress, veil, cape.
Costumes can be booked in advance at the rentals. There you can choose a great dress for a small part of the amount you would have to pay for the purchase of such a creation. In a good rental shop, you can choose from at least several dozen dresses.
When deciding on a dress from the rental shop, it is worth visiting them four months before the planned celebration. When we put it off until the last minute, may unfortunately turn out, that the choice is small, because more attractive creations have already been reserved. Once we have made our choice, we sign a contract - you need to have an ID card or other ID card. When booking, some rental companies require a deposit as a guarantee, that the client will come to pick up the chosen outfit. Others ask you to pay half the amount for the loan in advance. The dress is usually borrowed for a few days – up to a week. If the client does not return it on time, she may pay a penalty for delay.
In order for the bride to look great in a wedding dress, she should choose this style of creation, which will best emphasize its charms and hide minor flaws of the figure.
Here are some considerations:
– The dress is tightly fitted to the bust and thighs, widening above the knees, emphasizing the hips and thighs. That's why it looks nice on “female” silhouette – with a pronounced waist, nice breasts and convex buttocks. It is not suitable for the silhouette “boyish”.
– A trapezoidal dress – slightly fitted at the shoulders and waist, with a skirt widening downwards. Looks good with a long veil. It emphasizes the waist and hips. It is recommended for ladies with a pear-like silhouette – narrow shoulders, wide hips, massive thighs.
– A dress with a clearly separated laced bodice and a wide skirt expose the bust, neckline and shoulders. It is recommended for women with fairly wide hips and small breasts as well as for very tall women.
– A dress fitted to the figure, emphasizes the belly and buttocks. It is intended for slim and tall women. It is not recommended in the absence of a perfect figure.
– The dress is short, straight cut, reaching to the middle of the knees or just beyond them. It is matched with a short veil and shoes with high heels. Exposes knees and calves. It looks best in short and small women.
– American style dress, with open squares, tied or fastened at the nape of the neck, emphasizes the line of shoulders and squares. It is suitable for ladies who want to cover up abundant breasts and for ladies with slim shoulders. The dress should be matched with a bra without straps or with straps fastened at the nape of the neck, and long gloves.
– Any vertical cuts are slimming the figure, especially emphasized by contrasting insets.
– Crinkled laces and puffed ones, large sleeves should be avoided by ladies wishing to hide the carcass. For them, A-line dresses will be the best.
– Too wide hips in relation to the whole figure will hide the traditional dress widening downwards, preferably two-piece with an attractive corset emphasizing the waist. The top of the dress should be more decorated, e.g.. in lace.
– Large breasts will optically reduce the V-neckline, best in a dress, which has a slightly lowered waist and does not emphasize the waist too much.
– Optically enlarges the bust with a large round or square neckline, and also two-piece, fashionable this season dresses with a corset fitting the figure (with stiffened underwires).
– Too wide shoulders will help to hide long or over sleeves 3.
– For narrow and sloping shoulders, choose a dress with puffed sleeves.
– Ladies slim, but not too high, will appear taller, dressing for the day a dress with a high waist (Caution – elevated waist makes the bust more exposed).
– Puffed sleeves, draping, the folds and dropped waist make it appear shorter.
The use of fashionable colorful corsets or patterned skirts will be favorable here (also checkered or cross stripes), bindings.
– You can also wear a bra with silicone inserts under the corset .
– Petite women should avoid large lace patterns and flashy colors.
– Matte white is best for fair skin types, while the white is sharp for darker skin.
– Ladies in later age or those who get married only in the Registry Office may give up the traditional wedding dress in favor of a chic costume.
But the most important thing is this, so that the bride feels good and at ease in the wedding dress – as far as the ceremony itself allows.
Accessories are a necessary finishing touch to a wedding creation. Skilfully selected gloves, shoes and jewelry will make, that even a modest dress will take on refinement and style. You must remember about elegant underwear. The bottom line is this, that every detail of the wedding outfit emphasizes the bride's strengths and remains in harmony with her preferences.
Underwear – a special day is worthy of a special one, beautiful underwear. White is used, if the bride chose a white creation, eckru, if it has opted for broken whiteness. The bra is an essential part, selected depending on the cut of the dress. It should be comfortable and emphasize the shape of the breast. It should support the bust in a natural position and not distort it. Be careful when correcting the shape of the breast, so that underwear does not flatten or lift them excessively. In both cases, it will be inconvenient. When deciding on a lace bra you should check it first, is it soft and pleasant to the touch – only then it will not irritate the delicate skin and it will not itch. And although lace lingerie fits perfectly with the wedding outfit, then if you are prone to allergies, you should choose a smooth fabric model with no seams on the nipple line. You can choose soft bras from classic bras, without any stiffening (they do not oppress, but they don't lift the bust either) or stiffened with underwires (plastic or metal). The former are usually made of thin fabric, so they work well in hot weather. The advantage of the latter is the ability to correct the shape of the bust. Balconies are bras without straps, fully or half stiffened. They push the breasts upwards, optically enlarging the bust. Choosing such a bra, it is worth paying attention to the shape of the cups – they should be softly rounded, otherwise the bra will not cut nicely underneath your clothes. Women with small breasts willingly opt for push-up bras, lifting breasts, usually equipped with removable cushions or silicone inserts, which enlarge the bust. A smaller bust allows for more freedom in choosing the cut. Large breasts require a bra with fitted cups, preferably soft, made of good quality cotton. Straps should be wide and not too stretchy. If the bust is massive, you should choose a crosspiece bra, with wide, reinforced shoulder straps and cross stitching on the front. In the case of a strapless dress, you can use disposable plasters to support the bust instead of a bra. They are stuck under the breasts on a thoroughly dry body.
Shoes can be traditional: white and eckru. Pastel shades are also fashionable, and for the brave ones pink, yellow and aquamarine. Heels rather high, pointed and cut toes.
Hats, natural or imitation jewelry, reeds made of synthetic or natural flowers (impregnated or not) and of course the veils, it is indispensable – just like wedding bouquets – element of the bride's creation.
Apart from classic veils of various lengths, plain and embroidered, trimmed or not – white, ecru or even zlotys, Veils stylized as old appear, reminiscent of the times of our grandmothers.
Apart from the traditional pin-ups and veils, veils combined with a hood can be found more and more often.
Crafts are still in vogue – small handmade taffeta flowers, satin or tulle in vanilla colors, peach, salmon, and even blue or mint green and gold. It is complemented by tiny pearls and crystal beads.
A novelty are the feather elements, e.g.. marabuta
However, the principle does not change, that we choose the reed to the length, the style and color of the veil or the style of the hat, a ten – to the character of the dress and to the hairstyle.
One must remember about the principle of balancing – the more modest the dress, the richer the headdress, more effective headdress or hat – and vice versa.